Intellectual Property Law 3rd ed
Published: September 2008
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Out of print
Bently and Sherman's Intellectual Property Law is the definitive textbook on intellectual property law. The book's all-embracing approach not only clearly sets out the law in relation to copyright, patents, trade marks, passing off and confidentiality, it also takes account of a wide range of academic opinion enabling readers to explore and make informed judgments about the key principles.
The authors' particularly clear and lively writing style ensures that even the most complex areas are lucid and comprehensible, and the text is further enlivened with illustrations and diagrams.
New to this edition
- Provides a detailed analysis of intellectual property law with reference to a wide range of academic opinion, giving readers a broad context in which to explore the key principles of the subject
- Writing style is particularly clear - the authors retain clarity whilst including an impressive amount of detail, and discussion of even the most complex areas is lucid and structured
- Includes lively diagrams and illustrations to illuminate difficult concepts and help students relate to the subject
- Anticipates new developments in the field in more depth than other textbooks, ensuring that readers are able to make informed judgments about forthcoming changes in the law, and understand the direction in which IP is moving
- Fully updated to incorporate all of the latest changes in the field, including the implementation of performers' moral rights, the implementation of the EC enforcement directive, and the EC directive on artists' resale royalty
- Case law at the ECJ will be fully updated, particularly in the fields of databases and trade marks, and coverage of developments in TRIPS interpretation will also be included
- More illustrations are included to help the book suit a variety of learning styles and bring the subject to life
- Main headings are set out at the beginning of each chapter, in order to help reader navigation
- Sample patent application to be incorporated to help aid students' understanding of this complicated topic
- includes further illustrations and diagrams to help aid reader understanding and illustrate key concepts
- includes a sample patent application to help students understand this particularly complex topic
- takes account of the latest changes in the field, including the implementation of performers' moral rights, the implementation of the EC enforcement directive, and the EC directive on artists' resale royalty
- examines developments in case law at the ECJ, particularly in relation to trade marks and databases
- accomodates developments in TRIPS interpretation
In short, any serious scholar of intellectual property law, along with practitioners working in the area, will find that this book is an invaluable mine of information on all topics relating to IP law.