Benjamin's Sale of Goods, 8th edition, offers a one stop source to all the elements, principles, legislation and case law surrounding the sale of goods not just in the UK but internationally.
The 1st Supplement to this edition provides coverage of many new cases, and an expansion of the chapters on documentary letters of credit and related instruments.
New cases include:-
- Air Transworld Ltd v Bombardier Inc (international supply contracts and the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977).
- Samarenkov Dawn Hill House Ltd (timely performance and making time of the essence)
- GHSP Inc v AB Electronic Ltd (battle of forms)
- Carewins Development (China) Ltd v Bright Fortune Shipping Ltd (production of straight bills of lading)
- The Dolphina (spent bills of lading)
- Glencore Energy (UK) Ltd v Sonol Israel Ltd (The Team Anmaj) (demurrage provisions in sale contracts).
- Thai Marparn Trading Co Ltd v Louis Dreyfus Commodities Asia Pte Ltd (notice of expected readiness to load and shipment periods)