Sealy & Milman 2012 Volume 1 only
Sealy & Milman 2012 Volume 2 only
The new 15th edition gives comprehensive coverage, concise analysis and annotated interpretation of the insolvency legislation, from leading expert authors.
This established and essential title reproduces the insolvency legislation that you need on a daily basis, providing commentary on the provisions and their impact.
- Insolvency Acts 1986 and 2000
- Enterprise Rules 2002
- Insolvency Rules 1986
- Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986
- EC Regulation on Insolvency Proceedings 2000
- UNCITRAL Model Law on Cross-Border Insolvency
- Cross-Border Insolvency Regulations 2006
- Selected Statutes and Statutory Instruments
- Includes the 2011 amendments by the Companies Act 2006 (Consequential Amendments and Transitional Provisions) Order 2011 to the Insolvency Act 1986, the Insurers (Reorganisation and Winding Up) Regulations 2004 and the Credit Institutions (Reorganisation and Winding Up) Regulations 2004
- Covers the Insolvency (Amendment) Regulations 2011 amendments of the Insolvency Regulations 1994 to exclude the use of the Insolvency Services Account in voluntary winding up
- Takes into account the changes introduced to statutory instruments by the Companies Act 2006 (Consequential Amendments and Transitional Provisions) Order 2011
- Provides an update on key statutes including: - Insolvency Act 1986, Insolvency Act 2000, Enterprise Act 2002, Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986, EC Regulation on Insolvency Proceedings 2000, UNCITRAL Model Law on Cross-Border Insolvency and the Cross-Border Insolvency Regulations 2006
- Updated with important 2011 case developments since the last edition, including: Bloom v Pensions Regulator (awaiting appeal to the Supreme Court), BNY Corporate Trustee Services Ltd v Eurosail-UK 2007-3BL plc, BNY Corporate Trustee Services Ltd v Belmont Park Investments Pty Ltd, Brook v Reed, Finnerty v Clark, Kapoor v National Westminster Bank, Secretary of State for Work and Pensions v Payne, Sharples v Places for People Homes Ltd Godfrey v A2 Dominion Homes Ltd.
- Covers various unreported cases on wrongful trading liability, the morass of cases on procedures for the appointment of administrators out of court, jurisdiction in cross-border insolvency and the use of bankruptcy by local authorities to collect unpaid council tax