The first supplement to the 25th edition of Wilkinson’s Road traffic Offences brings the main work up to date and deals with the developments in road traffic law since the publication of the main work.
The supplement includes:-
- In-depth commentary on latest case law: Coates v Crown Prosecution Service (2011), Avery v Crown Prosecution Service (2011) (driving on a road); R. v F(S) (2011), Brants v DPP (2011) (procedure: refusal to hear a case); R. v Atkinson (2011), R. v Burton (2011), R. v CT (2011) (hearsay); Atkinson v DPP (2011), Bielecki v DPP (2011) (failing to provide a specimen); R. v Stubbs (2011) (careless driving); The Crown v MH (2011) (causing death by driving: uninsured driver); Shiva Ltd v Transport for London (2011) (removal of illegally parked vehicles); Atkinson v DPP (2011) (furnishing information); Case C–554/09 Criminal Proceedings against Andreas Michael Seeger (drivers’ hours: goods vehicles); DPP v Heathcote (2011) (special reasons).
- Authoritative consideration of effect of sentencing guidelines on cases of causing death by dangerous and careless driving: R. v Hussain (Razwan) (2011), R. v Cape (2011), R. v Muhammed Arshad (2011), R. v Lawrence (Eleazer Benjamin) (2011), R. v Jenkinson (2011).
- Latest legislative developments as regards goods vehicle operators and public service vehicle licensing and fitness requirements implementing EC Regulations.
- Note of relevant statutory instruments including changes to law as regards construction and use; type approval; disabled drivers; traffic signs; immobilisation and removal of vehicles not meeting insurance requirements; driving licences; goods and passenger vehicles (certificates of professional competence); carriage of dangerous substances.
- Full updating in Noter-up to Volume 2.