Arlidge and Parry on Fraud 5th ed (Book & eBook Pack)
Published: November 2016
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Book & eBook Pack
Price: £376.00 + £37.60 VAT
The amount of VAT charged may change depending on your location of use.
The sale of some eBooks are restricted to certain countries. To alert you to such restrictions, please select the country of the billing address of your credit or debit card you wish to use for payment.
Sale allowed in
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Bulgaria, Cayman Islands, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Haiti, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Kingdom, Virgin Islands (British), Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Sorry, due to territorial restrictions applied by the publisher we are unable to supply this eBook to United States.
Providing a complete guide to the law on fraud Arlidge and Parry on Fraud 5th ed sets out
the basic principles and clarifies key terms.
The work discusses and interprets the law offering strategic guidance to complex areas. In addition, it offers advice on presenting a fraud case, so that you can be sure you follow the correct procedures and avoid mistakes.
It includes relevant case law to ensure that you are fully up to speed with changes that have occurred and what they mean. What’s more, it explains the implications of each offence with examples of legislation and case law enabling you to build the strongest argument possible.
The work includes statutes, SI’s and reproduces sections of Acts where relevant, so that you have all the core statutory and related primary materials to hand. The user friendly format means that offences are dealt with in their own separate chapters. This makes it even easier for you to find the information you need quickly, saving you time and effort.
Written by respected experts in the field, Anthony Arlidge QC, Jonathan Fisher QC, Alexander Milne QC and Polly Sprenger the work provides an invaluable source of information that will guide you through the complex area of the law on fraud.
- Explains the general principles and concept of fraud
- Sets out an exhaustive range offences relating to fraud from financial services and insider dealing to wrongful trading and computer misuse, and from company and insolvency fraud to false representation and forgery
- Goes through the characteristics of each type of fraud and the legal principles which apply
- Identifies the different circumstances in which offences can be committed
- Takes into account international fraud
- Deals with the powers of the Serious Fraud Office
- Covers the prosecution of fraud
- Examines the various aspects of evidence in relation to fraud trials
- Advises on presenting a fraud case
- Private Prosecutions
- Re-write of the Tax Chapter
- Inclusion of the draft details for the new ‘failure to prevent’ charge
- New private prosecutions chapter written by Polly Sprenger and team at Eversheds