MacGillivray on Insurance Law: Relating to all Risks Other than Marine: 13th ed with 1st Supplement
Published: September 2016
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Hardback & Supplement
MacGillivray on Insurance Law is the most authoritative work for analysis of the law and legislation governing non-maritime commercial insurance and risk.
The 13th edition provides detailed analysis of the highly significant Insurance Act 2015 and outlines its impact on the law of warranties, good faith, and remedies.
It is part of Sweet & Maxwell’s Insurance Practitioners Library and is an essential title, providing guidance and clarification at a crucial time for the insurance industry.
- The 1st Supplement was published in September 2016
- The Main Work was published in October 2015
- Comprehensive commentary on non-maritime commercial insurance, including analysis of the law, latest cases, and legislation
- Explains the principles and rules governing commercial insurance, risk and loss and their practical application
- Authoritative guidance on the highly significant Insurance Act 2015
- Extensive detail on the key subjects of good faith, warranties, and the duty of disclosure
- Explains the rules on the formation, drafting, and termination of insurance contracts
- Considers different classes of insurance business, including life insurance, personal accident policies, fire policies, motor vehicle, and aviation insurance
- ompares English law with Scotland, the US and the Commonwealth
Highlighted new commentary includes:
- Examination of the Insurance Act 2015 – the most significant statutory change to UK commercial insurance in over 300 years
- New chapter on the Insurance Act 2015
- Detailed review of the key changes to the law concerning the duty of fair presentation and remedies
- The role of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 in insurance contracts
- Regulation (EU) No 1215/2012 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 December 2012 on jurisdiction and the recognition and enforcement of judgments in civil and commercial matters (recast)
- A significant volume of new case law, including International Energy Group Limited v Zurich Insurance Plc. and Western Trading Ltd v Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK)