International Human Rights: A Comprehensive Introduction
Published: January 2008
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Out of print
This book provides a comprehensive introduction to international human rights: international human rights law; why international human rights have increasingly risen to world prominence; what is being done about violations of human rights; and what might be done to further promote the cause of international human rights so that everyone may one day have their rights respected regardless of who they are or where they live?
- how the concept of international human rights has developed over time;
- the variety of types of human rights;
- empirical findings from statistical research on human rights;
- a listing of all international human rights agreements;
- and, the newest dimensions in the field of human rights (gay rights, animal rights environmental rights).
Richly illustrated throughout with case studies, controversies, court cases, think points, historical examples, biographical statements, and suggestions for further reading, International Human Rights
is the ideal introduction for all students of human rights.