APIL Personal Injury Law, Practice and Precedents Looseleaf
Latest Release: November 15, 2016
Publisher: Jordan Publishing Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Looseleaf + CD-ROM
Price: £638.00 + £65.71 VAT
Subscription Type: Pay-as-you-go
This is a Print On Demand Title.
The publisher will print a copy to fulfill your order. Books can take between 1 to 3 weeks. Looseleaf titles between 1 to 2 weeks.
Designed and written by leading claimant lawyers, APIL Personal Injury Law, Practice and Precedents, is a comprehensive and practical reference work dealing with every aspect of personal injury practice. Combining authoritative commentary, expertly drafted precedents and other key materials, it is the ideal resource for all claimant lawyers.
What is included?
- Commentary - Leading practitioners provide detailed and practical analysis on the basis of liability for each of the major types of personal injury actions, together with a thorough examination of the law relating to limitation, damages, funding and costs. The practice and procedure relating to PI claims is dealt with comprehensively and with particular emphasis placed on the needs of claimant lawyers.
- Legislation and Procedure - Over 60 key statutes and statutory instruments as well as extracts from the Civil Procedure Rules.
- Precedents - Expertly drafted precedents including over 70 model letters, 40 pleadings, draft applications, and model schedules of loss are provided.
- Agreements - The full text of the Criminal Injuries Compensation Agreement 2008 and both the Untraced and Uninsured Drivers’ Agreements are reproduced, together with the text of the Highway Code.
- Quantum materials - Key materials such as the Ogden Tables and JSB Guidelines are included, as well as key statistics and calculations such as Multipliers for Periodic Loss, Interim Life Tables, Earnings, Interest, Prices, Income Tax and NI, Social Security Benefits, Court of Protection Fees, Motoring Costs, Fostering Costs, Nursing Costs and many more.
- Funding and Costs - Model CFA agreements, Solicitors Regulation Authority materials, model risk assessments, court forms and APIL/PIBA 6.
- Bulletin - The main work is supplemented by regular bulletins (in both hard copy and online) providing details of the latest cases, statutory and other developments with cross-references to the main work.
- CD-ROM - The CD-ROM contains fillable Word documents of Model Letters; Statement; Pleadings; Applications and Orders; Schedules of Loss; and Instructions to Counsel.
Subscription Information: 4 updating releases per year, charged separately on publication.