Unlocking Equity and Trusts 5th ed
Published: April 2015
Country of Publication: UK
Unlocking Equity and Trusts will help you grasp the main concepts of your course with ease. Containing accessible explanations in clear and precise terms that are easy to understand, it provides an excellent foundation for learning and revising Equity and Trusts.
The information is clearly presented in a logical structure and the following features support learning so you can be sure the basics have been understood:
- Learning outcomes at the beginning of each chapter
- Frequent 'Key Facts' summary boxes so you can check your understanding of each topic as you read - not just at the end of the chapter
- Cases and judgments are highlighted to help you find them and add them to your notes quickly
- Activities and self-test questions give you the opportunity to test your understanding and put your knowledge of the key topics into practice
- Sample essay questions with annotated answers prepare you for assessment
- Glossary of legal terms to clarify important definitions
This fifth edition has been updated to include discussion of recent changes to key principles within the module, such as the Trusts (Capital and Income) Act 2013; the Supreme Court decision in Futter; the amended Public Benefit guidance issued by the Charity Commission; Pitt v Holt; the continuing debate in relation to constructive trusts arising from the Sinclair Investments case; and the role of the resulting trust in divorce financial provision cases stemming from Prest v Petrodel. This new edition also features an expanded chapter on fiduciaries; extended coverage of tracing and a new chapter on Equitable Remedies, to better fit common course outlines.
The Unlocking the Law Series gets straight to the point and is ideal for students who are new to the subject or find traditional texts a little overwhelming. They provide complete coverage of core law modules without excessive unnecessary detail and are supported by a student website.