International Maritime Conventions Volume 3: Protection of the Marine Environment (eBook)
Published: July 2015
Publisher: Informa Law
Country of Publication: UK
Price: £141.67 + £28.33 VAT
The amount of VAT charged may change depending on your location of use.
Once the order is confirmed an automated e-mail will be sent to you to allow you to download the eBook.
All eBooks are supplied firm sale and cannot be returned. If you believe there is a fault with your eBook
then contact us on
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help in resolving the issue. This does
not affect your statutory rights.
This eBook is available in the following formats: ePub.
Need help with ebook formats?
For the first time, this unique text brings together all private international maritime law conventions alongside expert commentary and analysis. Truly global in approach, the book covers each of the nineteen conventions currently in force, all scrutinised by this internationally-acclaimed author. It also examines important maritime conventions not yet fully ratified, including the topical Rotterdam Rules. This comprehensive resource provides a thorough treatment of both wet and dry shipping treaties, combining breadth of coverage with depth of analysis.
In this third volume, the author covers the key conventions dealing with pollution and safety at sea. In particular, the author covers the following instruments:
- International Convention relating to Intervention on the High Seas in Cases of Oil Pollution Casualties, 1969 and Protocol of 1973
- International Convention on Oil Pollution Preparedness, Response and Co-operation, 1990 (OPRC Convention) with its Protocol of 2000 (OPRC-HNS Protocol)
- International Convention for the prevention of pollution from ships (MARPOL) and protocol of 1978
- International Convention for the Safety of life at sea, 1974 (SOLAS) * Convention on the prevention of marine pollution by dumping of wastes and other matters, 1972 as amended by the protocol of 1996
- International Convention for the control and management of ship's ballast water and sediments, 2004
- International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, 1978
- Nairobi International Convention on removal of wrecks 18 may 2007
- Port state control: the Paris Memorandum of Understanding and the European Directive 2009/16 EC
- European Traffic Monitoring and Information System * International Convention on Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage, 1992 (CLC 1992)
- International Convention on the Establishment of an International Fund for Compensation for Oil Pollution Damage, 1992, as amended by its Protocol of 2000 and its Supplementary Protocol of 2003 (the Fund Convention)
- International Convention on Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage, 2001
- International Convention on Liability and Compensation for Damage in Connection with Carriage of Hazardous and Noxious Substances by Sea, 1996
This book is an indispensable reference for maritime lawyers, academics and students of maritime law worldwide.