The Modern Law of Patents is an essential resource for patent lawyers and patent attorneys. Written by some of the most eminent IP practitioners in the UK and Europe it offers a fresh, comprehensive approach to patent law.
The text covers:-
- Conception, initial protection, prosecution, expression, validity, transmission, exploitation and infringement.
- Laws of patents in other jurisdictions in order to provide guidance as to the laws of those countries in relation to the broad questions of prosecution, validity, competition and infringement.
- Detailed coverage of the laws of patents as they relate to computers, pharmaceuticals, Biotechnological inventions and aspects of the laws of competition, criminal and boarder controls and inventive products and inventive processes as patented inventions.
- Guidance in relation to the law of patents from a prosecution and procedural aspect as well as auxiliary aspects (such as human rights and dispositions arising by mere operation of law)
- Materials in paper which provide the statutory and practical basis for the existence and subsistence of patents in the United Kingdom and in relation to prosecution of patent applications in the European Patent Office.
- Commentary upon the overall global and European patent position, its future and development