Butterworths Residential Landlord and Tenant Handbook 6th ed
Published: December 2012
Publisher: LexisNexis Butterworths
Country of Publication: UK
Despatched in 5 to 7 days.
The Sixth edition of the Butterworths Residential Landlord and Tenant Handbook incorporates major legislative developments which have occurred since the previous edition.
The handbook is an invaluable source of reference for those practitioners, in both the public and private sectors, who deal with such issues as leasehold enfranchisement, the right to buy (and the new right to acquire for tenants of registered social landlords), assured, secure and protected tenancies, disrepair and all other areas of residential landlord and tenant law. Other professionals working in associated fields will also find this publication indispensable, as will academics and students.
New Edition Highlights
- The new edition of this title will include all the changes introduced by the Localism Act 2011 which amends the Housing Acts 1985, 1988, 1996 and 2004 and the Housing & Regeneration Act 2008 and also introduces some entirely new housing measures
- The Localism Act 2011 introduces the following changes:
- Introduces a new type of fixed term tenancy (flexible tenancies) and other social housing tenure changes
- Amends the existing homelessness legislation
- Introduces changes to the allocations system for social housing
- Introduces changes to way sector is regulated, (i) Part 1 amends the Housing and Regeneration Act 2008 (regulation of social housing) so as to abolish the Office for Tenants and Social Landlords (“the Office”), create the Regulation Committee of the Homes and Communities Agency (“the HCA”), and transfer the functions of the Office to the HCA acting through the Committee,
- Introduces new ‘Housing Mobility’ measures for tenants
- Introduces changes to Tenant Deposit Schemes
- The new powers of the Housing Ombudsman
- All relevant statutory instruments and orders made since the last edition
- For the first time, the new edition includes coverage of the relevant Welsh Statutory Instruments
This is the final edition , the 7th was abandoned in January 2016