Persuasive Written and Oral Advocacy: In Trial and Appellate Courts 3rd ed
Published: March 2013
Publisher: Aspen Publishers
Country of Publication: USA
Despatched in 12 to 14 days.
While focused on the appellate setting, Persuasive Written and Oral Advocacy is applicable to all legal writing and speaking, and includes practical guidance for advocacy in federal courts, trial courts, and other situations.
Students are given a clear and practical guide to legal writing and oral argument, from the selection of a main theme, to the employment of research, language, and speaking skills that achieve a clear, persuasive legal message.
- Step-by-step, they learn to organize, prepare, and present winning written and oral arguments.
- Detailed coverage of trial motion practice as well as appellate practice shows how important it is to consider the judge’s time and perspective when preparing an argument.
- Concrete examples based on a hypothetical case file are liberally spread throughout the text along with extensive advice for editing
- Sophisticated, realistic litigation problems in the accompanying Case Files help put principles in practice and allow instructors a great deal of flexibility.
- Each case file is accompanied by its own Teacher’s Manual.
- Technological developments are explored, including electronic filing, video conference oral arguments, and electronic research.