The Law Society's Conveyancing Handbook 23rd ed
Published: October 2016
Publisher: Law Society Publishing
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Out of print
The Conveyancing Handbook is revised annually by a team of expert editors and contributors directed by an editorial board and edited by Frances Silverman.
This 23rd edition presents up-to-date guidance on good practice in residential conveyancing and is a reliable and up-to-date source of reference to answer the common queries arising from day-to-day transactions.
Among the changes to the law and practice of residential conveyancing covered by this 23rd edition are:
- higher rates of SDLT on purchases of additional residential properties
- implementation of the Flood Re scheme
- Law Society's Con 29 enquiries of local authority 2016
- risks arising from cyber crime.
These developments and more are considered within a chronological account of conveyancing transactions of residential freehold and leasehold property, supported by:
- an introductory section addressing a wide range of preliminary concerns, from advertising to VAT
- procedural checklists for each major stage of the transaction
- comprehensive appendix material, including all relevant forms and guidance.
These features have made the Conveyancing Handbook
a trusted first port of call for thousands of practitioners.