Principles of Law and Economics 3rd ed
Published: July 2018
Publisher: Edward Elgar Publishing Limited
Country of Publication: UK
Principles of Law and Economics
, Third Edition provides a comprehensive yet accessible guide to the field of law and economics. With its focus on principles, and use of illustrative examples, this is the ideal introduction for law students, with or without prior knowledge of economics.
The textbook focuses largely on the economics of core areas in common law: property, contract and tort, with additional chapters on criminal law, procedural matters and family law. This updated third edition also includes a chapter on the economics of corporate law that addresses the key issues surrounding the nature of the firm and the incentives attached to corporate legal structures.
Key features include:
- Clear and succinct language used throughout with limited usage of jargon or specialist terms
- Designed to be accessible for use by students of law and economics alike
- Economic analysis and legal principles treated in a self-contained manner for ease of reference
- Legal cases summarized for the benefit of highlighting relevant economic issues
- A focus on the common law, including comparative references to civil law
- Review questions at the end of each chapter to encourage further analysis and debate around key topics.
The clear and non-technical approach to the subject matter makes this a perfect text for law students, or indeed for students in economics or business studies studying law and economics for the first time.