The first edition of this book was quickly acclaimed as the new leading text worldwide on the law and practice of pollution from ships.
The second edition deals with:
- A variety of developments since then in this fast-moving subject: the Erika and the Prestige
- Changes in international law on maritime safety and compensation
- Latest decisions on claims for compensation; analysis of the SCOPIC regime new material on ports of refuge
- Transboundary movements
- Pollution from offshore craft
- Latest cases and regulatory changes in the US
- Enlarged chapters on enforcement of laws and criminal sanctions
This is an up-to-date legal text for day-to-day reference, providing detailed information on one of the most complex areas of maritime law. The authors have combined their expertise to produce a comprehensive and comparative work on shipping and the environment, making the title a vital reference tool for anyone involved in the shipping industry.