Intellectual Property and Media Law Companion 4th ed
Published: February 2007
Publisher: Law Matters Publishing
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Publication Abandoned
February 2007 - This version was abandoned before Publication - Use isbn above for new 4th edition
This new edition applies the Companion approach to intellectual property and media law by using graphics, flow charts, bullet points and summaries to present complex subjects in a format that is easy to read and recall.
It is ideal for students studying on the Legal Practice Course and also for practitioners who need to keep up-to-date with these wide ranging and fast moving areas.It has been substantially revised and updated to cover all recent developments including:-
- Peer-to-peer file-sharing
- The effect of new technologies on the "fair dealing" defences
- Design protection
- Latest European proposals for design rights in spare parts·
- Dyson v Qualtex: the effect on design rights?
- Database Rights
- The impact on data and databases in the wake of BHB v William Hill case
- The Kirin-Amgeninfringement test·
- New patent examination guidelines·
- Effect of the Patents Act 2004 on employee inventions·
- Lessons learned from Markemand Stanelco and the role of confidential information
- Trade marks
- ECJ and with New Registry Practice·
- The ECJ decisions in Eurocermex, Sat.1and, Praktiker Bau-und Heimwerkermärkte and Nestlé v Mars
It uses graphics, flow charts, bullet points and summaries to present this complex subject in a format that is easy to read and recall.