The Law of Termination of Employment 8th ed
Published: March 2012
Publisher: LexisNexis Butterworths
Country of Publication: UK
Despatched in 2 to 4 days.
This well-established and authoritative analysis of the rules governing termination of employment provides coverage of the statutory and common law rights, as well as procedural considerations.
It also deals with problems beyond termination such as competition from ex-employees, and worked calculations of compensation in unfair dismissal cases illustrate how the law operates in practice.
The new edition has been thoroughly updated to take account of major developments in law and practice, including:-
The Law of Termination of Employment
- Demise of the statutory grievance and disciplinary procedures and their replacement with the ACAS Code; reinstatement of the Polkey ruling
- Cases on agency workers; introduction of Agency Workers Regulations
- Case-law developments, including cases on the definition of employee (Autoklenz and Muschett), definition of dismissal (Willoughby v CF Capital plc), constructive dismissal (Hunter v Timber Components), fairness of the dismissal (City of Edinburgh Council v Dickson, A v B, Samuel Smith Old Brewery v Marshall and Bashir v. Sheffield Teaching Hospital)
- New costs regime and relevant case law, eg Daleside Nursing
- Cases studies on remedies and calculation of compensation
- The future: Government consultation on raising/reviving continuity to 2 years qualifying period and Tribunal reform.
is essential reading for all employment lawyers and human resources personnel who require a detailed knowledge of this complicated area of law.