Judicial Review: A Practical Guide 2nd ed
Published: March 2012
Publisher: Jordan Publishing Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Out of print
Judicial Review: A Practical Guide is a handbook which aims to be a first port of call in all matters concerning judicial review applications, whether in civil or criminal proceedings.
From initial instructions to appeals and costs, the authors guide the reader through each step of the court process, and provide extensive case examples drawn from a broad range of claims. This readable and concise work includes procedural checklists and a library of precedents.
This new edition has been significantly amended to take account of the following developments in law and practice, including:-
- Development of the Unified Tribunal system with transfers of judicial reviews
- Regionalisation of Administrative Court
- Clear development of mistake of fact as a mistake of law
- Increasing understanding of the impact of the Human Rights Act
- Limitations upon judicial review in the context of immigration
- Ongoing case-law developments
- Changes to Appeals (CPR Pt 52)
- Developments in costs and funding
In addition to the authors’ commentary, Judicial Review: A Practical Guide
contains over 20 precedents covering all aspects of the litigation process, together with all the main legislative and judicial materials.