Private Equity: Law and Practice 3rd ed
Published: January 2008
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Out of print
As an adviser for private equity deals, you'll need the latest legal commentary and analysis teamed with the best guidance on practice. Private Equity: Law and Practice gives you all this and more.
Whether you are a solicitor advising on a deal or a financial adviser working for a company providing the funding, or a bank or equity funder, this book gives you insight into the current law and practice.
The book gives you advice from practitioners with experience of deals of all sizes. It covers raising private equity, corporate valuation and deal structuring, managing the transaction, investigating the company and an important insight to key documents. Your advice will be based on expert analysis of the recent developments, you will be on top of corporate valuation procedures and have drafting guidelines for the deal to hand.
- Gives you guidance on the current law and practice of private equity.
- Helps you whether you are working for private equity investors, companies seeking funds, those financing deals or managers wishing to buy out a company.
- Gives you advice from practitioners with experience of deals of all sizes.
- Covers every part of the transaction including raising private equity, managing the transaction, and restructuring the company.
- Offers guidance on due diligence and implications for directors and employees
- Explains the legal regulations for tax relief and share capital so you can make these work to the advantage of your client.
- Keeps you up to date on the recent developments, and includes a chapter on private equity trends.
- Gives you checklists of all the legal and business aspects of private equity so you can make sure everything is covered and nothing is overlooked.
- Includes a full list of BVCA members.
- Includes a glossary of private equity terms.
New chapters in the third edition:
- Management Due Diligence.
- Private Equity Trends
- Tax Relief for Equity Investment: a new section on Management Shares and Business Asset Taper Relief
- Directors and employees: new coverage of the impact of directors' duties under the new Companies Act 2006; coverage of codification of the principal common law and general equitable directors' duties into seven statutory duties; coverage of new shareholders' rights under Companies Act 2006; and expanded commentary and analysis of employment restrictive covenants.
- Due diligence: new sections on IP due diligence, DP due diligence, pensions due diligence; due diligence in public to private transactions; vendor issues in due diligence; impact of due diligence on warranty claims; independent verification methods
- Investment agreement: new material on liability under the warranties; new content on Acquisition agreement warranties and Management buyouts; a new section on common issues raised by management coverage of negotiating points around various issues, including Articles of Association, new section on issues arising on buy-outs without private equity
- Managers Personal Questionnaire.
- Common Limitations to Management Warranties.