Electronic Signatures and Identities: Law and Regulation 2nd edition
Published: October 2008
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Despatched in 2 to 4 days.
Electronic Signatures and Identities: Law and Regulation explains the commercial, technical and legal issues involved in the use of electronic signatures. In keeping with the international nature of the internet, it offers an examination of law and regulation in a wide range of jurisdictions: 28 European countries, 15 Asia-Pacific countries, all three North American countries, seven Latin American countries, plus Russia, South Africa, Israel and Turkey.
The second edition has been fully revised and updated in line with new case law, changes in legislation and codes, and to reflect developments in technology.
- Offers wide-ranging international coverage of e-signature law and regulation
- Provides practical guidance, advising on whether and where readers need to be concerned within a contract about the issues raised in the book
- Features a new chapter on "Requirements of Signature" covering extra regulatory material on this issue
- Includes coverage of biometrics, such as ID cards, thumbprints and other ways of identifying individuals
- Examines important recent case law such as the Mehta decision
- Contains a glossary to help readers understand the technical vocabulary
- Covers Latin American laws
- Provides international regulatory coverage, including the new UN Model Convention, setting a norm for countries to adapt for their local requirements
- Includes a CD-ROM containing international regulations and UN regulatory materials