Sports Law 3rd ed
Published: December 2005
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Out of print
Firmly established as the market-leading textbook on sports law, the third edition of this comprehensive and innovative book provides a detailed examination of the legal issues surrounding and governing sport. Analysing sports law within a socio-economic and cultural context, the role that sport plays within society is foregrounded throughout.
While the text focuses on sport in Britain, European and international material is included where appropriate to provide the student with a truly comparative analysis and a fuller picture of the law as it relates to sport.
- Recent developments covered in this edition include:-
- the impact of the ECJ decision in Kolpak concerning player mobility;
- developments in sports employment relations;
- the operation of the World Anti-Doping Agency;
- recent developments in protection of sport-related IP Rights;
- the progress in European sports policy;
- competition law investigations including that concerning British horse racing;
- the impact of the Human Rights Act 1998 on UK sport;
- recent cases involving sports participation liability including R V Barnes.
Essential reading for students taking an option in sports law, this textbook will also prove useful to sports law practitioners, sports administrators and students on other sports studies-related courses.