Repairs: Tenants' Rights 4th ed
Published: December 2009
Publisher: Legal Action Group
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Out of print
The fourth edition of this handbook sets out the law and practice on the enforcement of landlords' obligations for housing disrepair.
Dealing with situations that advisers are most likely to encounter, the text has been updated and revised to cover legislative and case law developments, including the new rules on civil procedure as they relate to disrepair cases.
Repairs: Tenants' Rights looks at the repairing obligations of the landlord, the remedies open to tenants to enforce their rights and the actions that can be taken to secure compensation for the loss and hardship suffered. It also outlines the powers available to local councils to address adverse housing conditions using environmental, criminal and housing legislation.
The fourth edition of Repairs: Tenants' Rights includes:-
Repairs: Tenants' Rights
- practical step-by-step guidance on how to bring a civil action
- comprehensive treatment of the Housing Disrepair Protocol
- comprehensive analysis of the case-law relevant to disrepair proceedings including recent developments
- expanded coverage on the funding of disrepair litigation through the legal aid scheme and conditional fees
- up-to-date review of the changes brought about by the Housing Act 2004, including the Housing Health and Safety Rating System
- a completely revised chapter on environmental protection prosecutions as a result of changes in criminal procedure since the previous edition
is a highly practical handbook that provides accessible guidance on the law and procedure for non-lawyers and will serve as an excellent resource for the practitioner. The main text is supported by an invaluable set of precedents with worked examples of documentation used at all stages of the court process, extracts from legislation and helpful guidance on technical information.