CPAG: Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook 2015/2016
Published: April 2015
Publisher: Child Poverty Action Group
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Out of print
Written for claimants and their advisers, CPAG’s annually updated Handbook is the definitive guide to all welfare benefits and tax credits.
This edition gives comprehensive advice about entitlement in 2015/16, and helps you understand the recent sweeping changes in the benefits and tax credits system including the new personal independence payment, the gradual roll-out of universal credit, the benefit cap and rent restrictions.
It includes information on claiming and getting paid, and tactical information to help users navigate the complexities of the system and enforce their rights.
The Handbook explains:-
- Which benefits and tax credits you can claim.
- Work-related requirements you must meet, and what happens to your benefit if you do not comply.
- How your disability or health is assessed for employment and support allowance and the new personal independence payment.
- How and when the new universal credit will affect you.
- When your benefits may be restricted by the new benefit cap or ‘bedroom tax’.
- How to challenge a decision, and what to do if you have been overpaid or accused of fraud.
is fully indexed and cross-referenced to law, regulations, official guidance, and court, Upper Tribunal and commissioners’ decisions. It is supplied to all Citizens Advice Bureaux, and is used by advisers, local authority staff and lawyers, as well as by claimants.