Client Listening: Why it Pays and How to Do it
Published: April 2013
Publisher: Ark Group
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Paperback (100 Pages)
Despatched in 3 to 5 days.
Forward-thinking firms know that listening effectively to their clients is crucial for improving client service, value, retention, and, ultimately, profitability.
It can also help future-proof your firm by embedding client relationships, and anticipating client needs.
Managing Partner’s report, Client Listening: Why It Pays and How to Do it, will show you how to design and implement effective client listening programmes and act on the intelligence gleaned to secure these critical benefits for your firm. .
It highlights the important factors that must be considered before launching a client listening programme, and offers practical advice to ensure its success. Topics include how to:
- Identify the role of client listening within your firm’s broader CRM and BD initiatives;
- Overcome typical objections from individual lawyers to engaging in client listening;
- Determine the type of client listening activities which best fit your firm’s culture, budget, timetable, and purposes;
- Design and conduct effective client questionnaires and interviews (how-to guide included); and
- Ensure client feedback is reported, shared, absorbed, and converted into action appropriately.
Real-life case studies from DLA Piper, Ashurst, CMS Cameron McKenna, K&L Gates, andKPMG reveal how firms are currently using client listening as a means to deepen client relationships and develop more responsive, value-added services.
Useful appendices are also included to assist you with the design, launch, and fine-tuning of your own client listening programmes. These include:
A client listening planner;
A sample client invitation; and
A sample discussion guide for a client service review.