European Tax Law 6th ed
Published: February 2012
Publisher: Kluwer Law International
Country of Publication: The Netherlands
The completely revised sixth edition of this leading work brings its comprehensive and systematic survey of European Tax Law up to December 2011.
With its thorough and critical discussion of the EU tax rules in force and of the European Court’s case law in tax matters, it surpasses every other source in its clarification and analysis of the implications of the Treaties on European Union and on the functioning of the EU for national taxation, and of EU tax harmonization policy. Its in-depth coverage includes:-
- 1. the consequences of the TFEU and of general EU law principles for national tax law, tax treaties, national (tax) procedure, State liability, and the national budget, as shown by the case law of the Court of Justice of the EU;
- 2. EU harmonization and coordination policies as regards both indirect and direct taxes, including soft law;
- 3. EU law in force and proposed on indirect taxes (Value Added Tax, Community Customs Code, Excises and Energy Taxation, Capital Duty, and the Financial Transactions Tax proposal);
- 4. EU law in force and proposed on direct taxes (Parent-Subsidiary Directive, Tax Merger Directive, Interest and Royalties Directive, Transfer Pricing Arbitration Convention, Savings Interest Directive, and the CCCTB proposal);
- 5. tax aspects of the EEIG, the SE, and the SCE; and
- 6. administrative cooperation and recovery assistance between the Member States.
Procedural matters and the extent of judicial protection are emphasized throughout the book’s three parts: I. general EU law and taxation; II. positive integration; and III. negative integration of direct taxation. Prized in previous editions as the reference book for tax and EU law practitioners, tax administrators, the judiciary, academics, and tax or EU law policymakers, this new edition will continue to be of immense value to all tax and EU law professiona