International Commercial Transactions 4th ed
Published: February 2012
Publisher: International Chamber of Commerce
Country of Publication: France
Price: £140.00 - Unavailable at Publisher
Professor Jan Ramberg, renowned legal expert and writer, gives a concise and lucid presentation of the legal framework and the commercial principles, rules and practices surrounding transnational trade transactions.
With a unique, a-national approach, he also explains the interrelations between common trade practice, national laws and international rules.
For a better understanding, International Commercial Transactions is divided into 3 parts:-
- Common problems in international transactions
- Rights and obligations of parties to an international sale contract
- Rules and practices for related contracts
Dealing with the unexpected is often required in complex operations. This book will help parties to a cross-border transaction to avoid pitfalls and costly consequences when transactions do not turn out as expected.
Thus, it contains several chapters related to:-
- Protection against breaches of contract and changed circumstances
- The risk of loss, damage or delay during carriage of goods
- Resolution of disputes
- Particular risk distribution under contracts of carriage by sea
An extensive annex comprises the texts of international conventions, major trade rules elaborated under the auspices of governmental and non-governmental bodies, model contracts and other helpful hands on material.
Same book as ISBN 9789139015666.