A Modern Approach to Wills, Administration and Estate Planning 4th ed (with Precedents)
Published: December 2017
Publisher: LexisNexis Butterworths
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Hardback & CD-ROM
Price: £110.00 + £11.33 VAT
Written by leading lawyers in the field, this popular guide to the tax efficient drafting of wills, estate planning and administration provides practitioners with help and guidance, and discusses the typical problems and pitfalls that may be encountered in practice.
The precedents have been carefully selected to deal in a straightforward fashion with the common needs of clients.
This new edition has been updated to include:-
- The rights of adopted children after Hand v George
- Inheritance Act claims after Illot v Mitson
- The Revenue’s approach to index linked loans
- The proposed new ISA regulation
- The planning extension of domicile for tax purposes and the widening of the IHT net to catch all UK residential property
- The new residential nil rate band and its implications for will drafting and estate administration
The book begins by looking at the essential legal framework of wills, trusts and taxation through a combination of detailed and authoritative commentary, worked examples and expertly drafted precedents. It then examines specific topics including: transferable nil rate band, using IPDIs, provision for children, pilot trusts, gifts, APR and BPR, instruments of variation and disclaimer, and tax efficient administration.
The authors’ narrative commentary is supplemented by 40 precedents which are included on an accompanying CD-ROM, allowing users to download and adapt each document as necessary.