Public Law: Text, Cases, and Materials 5th ed
To be Published: May 2023
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Country of Publication: UK
- The authors provide students with a thought-provoking and detailed analysis of the core issues in public law and set them in their political context to encourage a full understanding of the subject
- Clear commentary and analysis is supported by carefully selected extracts from a range of sources, including academic writing, reports of parliamentary committees, and key judgments so that students have convenient access to and gain experience of studying different sources of information
- Specifically-designed learning features such as questions and mini case studies bring life to the law as well as helping to develop important analytical and interpretational skills
- Also available as an e-book with functionality, navigation features, and links that offer extra learning support
New to this Edition:
- Reorganisation of the structure of the book, including a new chapter on devolution
- Extended coverage of judicial review to reflect the growing political and constitutional importance of this area
- Latest developments, including the removed Bill of Rights Bill (2022), the Independent Review of the Human Rights Act (2021), the Internal Market Act (2020), Scottish Continuity Bill Reference, Protocol on Northern Ireland/Ireland, and more
Public Law: Text, Cases, and Materials offers a fresh approach to the study of constitutional and administrative law by exploring how the law works in practice. The inclusion of extracts from key cases, government reports and academic articles demonstrates the law in action and the incisive commentary that accompanies them explains the significance of each. The expert authors have distilled their knowledge of the institutions and legal principles into concise, focused prose, and they encourage reflection through regular questions and hypothetical examples.
This leading text provides students with a thorough and wide-ranging knowledge of public law, together with a full understanding of the theoretical and political debates in this fascinating and dynamic area of law.
Digital formats and resources:
The fifth edition is available for students and institutions to purchase in a variety of formats, and is supported by online resources.
- The e-book offers a mobile experience and convenient access along with functionality tools, navigation features and links that offer extra learning support: www.oxfordtextbooks.co.uk/ebooks
- The online resources that support the book include multiple-choice questions with answer feedback for students to test their understanding