Redfern & Hunter on International Arbitration 6th ed
Published: September 2015
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Country of Publication: UK
Book & eBook Pack
Book, eBook & iOS App Pack
Book, eBook & Android App Pack
This leading commentary on international commercial arbitration, now in its sixth edition, is an essential guide for arbitrators, lawyers, and students. Based on the authors' extensive experience as counsel and arbitrators, it provides an updated explanation of all elements of the law and practice of arbitration.
This text provides an authoritative guide to the international arbitral process, from the drafting of the arbitration agreement to the enforcement of arbitral awards. The sixth edition has been updated to incorporate reference to the latest significant developments in the field such as the new LCIA, ICC and UNCITRAL Rules and new IBA Guidelines. There will also be an increased reference to international arbitral authority and practice from beyond Europe (China, India, and the US).
Following the chronology of an arbitration, the book covers applicable laws, arbitration agreements, the establishment and powers of a tribunal, the conduct of proceedings and the role of domestic courts. In addition, it provides an in-depth examination of the award itself, and comments on the special considerations applying to arbitrations brought under investment treaties. It draws on examples of the rules and practice of arbitration at the International Chamber of Commerce, the London Court of International Arbitration, the American Arbitration Association, the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes and the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law.
- The leading international authority on the law and practice of international arbitration
- Provides a distilled statement of procedural best practice for international arbitrations conducted worldwide
- Written by leading practitioners and rich with references to significant arbitrations and recent decisions from the world's leading arbitral jurisdictions
- Provides the reader with practical answers to problems commonly encountered in international arbitration
- Renowned for its clear and concise approach to complex issues
- Widely relied upon by practising lawyers, arbitrators and courts around the world
- Includes appendices on the major international rules of arbitration and conventions and model arbitration clauses for international contracts
New to this edition
- Updated to incorporate reference to all of the latest significant developments in the field
- Contains substantive coverage of the new LCIA, ICC and UNCITRAL Rules and new IBA Guidelines
- Provides increased reference to international arbitral authority and practice from beyond Europe including China, India and the US