Private International Law in Australia 4th ed
Published: December 2018
Publisher: LexisNexis Australia
Country of Publication: Australia
Despatched in 8 to 10 days.
Private International Law in Australia is highly regarded book provides a clear and comprehensive analysis of the principles of private international law and the methods by which such principles are applied to cross-border legal problems in Australia.
Important recent developments in Australian private international law are discussed, together with legislative reforms and significant decisions, particularly of Australian courts. A new chapter on equitable claims and trusts has been added in this edition.
The book provides an in-depth examination of the following subjects:
- introduction to private international law
- jurisdiction and judgments
- international arbitration
- choice of law
- international family law
- choice of law for obligations
- choice of property law
- international company law
An understanding of the fundamental concepts in private international law is becoming increasingly important in legal practice, and the accessible style of this text makes it invaluable to both students and practitioners.
- Provides a thorough understanding of core concepts
- Authoritative, reliable content
- Aligns with students’ coursework in Australian universities
- Invaluable resource for practitioners