Knight's Guide to Building Control Law and Regulations Looseleaf
Latest Release: April 26, 2016
Publisher: LexisNexis Subscriptions
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Looseleaf, 5 Volumes
Subscription Type: Pay-as-you-go
This is a Print On Demand Title.
The publisher will print a copy to fulfill your order. Books can take between 1 to 3 weeks. Looseleaf titles between 1 to 2 weeks.
Knight's Guide to Building Control Law and Regulations is an updated version of two earlier titles; Knight's Guide to Building Control Law and Practice and Knight's Guide to Building Regulations with Approved Documents.
The principal aim of Knight's is to provide the legal background to, and authoritative commentary on, the current Building Regulations in England and Wales, the Approved Documents, and the Approved Inspector Regulations. The work includes the consideration of case law, enforcement under the Building Act, the roles and performance of Building Control Bodies and Competent Persons and detailed commentary on Appeals and Determinations. It provides full annotated text of the Building Regulations 2010 for England and Wales, plus associated Statutory Instruments, Approved Documents and other official publications.
Key related subjects covered include:
- An overview of selected Town & Country Planning legislation
- Water supply, sewerage, surface water drainage and flood-risk management
- Insurance matters including the liabilities of building owners, designers and contractors
- Licensing of building uses such as theatres, cinemas, clubs, public houses and HMOs
- Fire safety of buildings, the safety of sports grounds and facilities for disabled persons
- Environmental protection legislation including clean air and smoke control issues
- Energy Performance Certificates legislation and related energy conservation matters
Who benefits from Knight's Guide to Building Control Law and Regulations?
- In addition to those building engineers and surveyors employed on Building Control in the public or private sector, this will include Architects with related professionals and technicians preparing construction proposals or offering advice on building regulatory matters..
: 5 updating releases per year, charged separately on publication.