STEP: A Practical Guide to the Transfer of Trusteeships 3rd ed (eBook)
Published: August 2017
Publisher: Globe Law and Business
Country of Publication: UK
Price: £110.00 + £22.00 VAT
The amount of VAT charged may change depending on your location of use.
Once the order is confirmed an automated e-mail will be sent to you to allow you to download the eBook.
All eBooks are supplied firm sale and cannot be returned. If you believe there is a fault with your eBook
then contact us on
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help in resolving the issue. This does
not affect your statutory rights.
This eBook is available in the following formats: ePub.
Need help with ebook formats?
Wildy's Book of the Month: September 2017
This text, first published by STEP in 2007 and now in its third edition, reviews the difficulties that arise on the transfer of trusteeships, particularly in respect of the negotiation of indemnities, and sets out a suggested approach. It contains:-
- a core section dealing with trusts governed by English law;
- jurisdictional chapters, which explain the differences under local law for trusts governed by the laws of The Bahamas, Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Hong Kong, the Isle of Man, Jersey, New Zealand and Singapore;
- precedent deeds of change of trustee for each of those jurisdictions;
- a detailed drafting commentary;
- a U.S. commentary which outlines general principles involved in the transfer of trusteeships of U.S. trusts and general tendencies among states, with a particular focus on the trusteeship laws of the State of New York; and
- a table of references listing the statutes and cases, for ease of reference.
The text is an essential reference work for any legal practitioners, trust company professionals and others involved in advising on the transfer of trusteeships.