Inheritance Act Claims: A Practical Guide
Published: December 2006
Publisher: Law Society Publishing
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Out of print
This highly practical book provides a comprehensive guide to claims brought under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. The authors examine each class of applicant, including the new category for civil partners and, drawing on their own experience, they discuss the criteria that the court will apply.
The book offers support and guidance to practitioners at every stage of a claim, including:
- an authoritative guide to the legislation
- discussion of the problems faced by practitioners when dealing with cases
- explanation of the procedure involved
- practical advice on assessing quantum claims
- guidance on the tax implications of orders and compromises.
The appendix materials include a range of helpful precedents, the new ACTAPS Practice Guidance for the Resolution of Probate and Trust Disputes, and extracts from all the relevant legislation and Civil Procedure Rules.