Contracts of Employment: Law and Guidance and Precedents 4th ed
Published: July 2019
Publisher: Duggan Press
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Hardback, 2 Volumes
Wildy's Book of the Month: July 2019
The new 4th edition of Duggan QC on Contracts of Employment is a two volume set which covers all aspects of the employment relationship with precedents for every facet of employment.
- Volume 1: Law and Guidance
- Volume 2: Precedents (with Michelle Hussein Duggan)
For not much more than the cost of a billable hour, the practitioner is given access to 1428 pages of practical commentary in volume 1, as well as over 250 precedents, in hard copy in volume 2 and in digital content (which will be emailed), as well as a regular updater for the commentary and precedents.
Human Resource Practitioners will find the guidance in the first volume invaluable and a useful reference tool on legal process, whilst the precedents in the second volume will be of everyday use to the busy practitioner. The updates will ensure that legal developments are assimilated into practice and the precedents are kept up to date and relevant.
A completely rewritten book, which covers amongst many other matters:-
- all the cases on employment status
- the GIG economy
- the GDPR and its consequences
- Social media and the cases
- the recent cases on restrictive covenants
- the new tests in whistleblowing
- overview of discrimination law from recruitment to termination
- harassment and bullying
- all the new family friendly policies, including maternity and paternity
- cases on bonus
- the continuing saga with regard to holiday pay, including sickness issues
- a rewrite of all the precedents