Facts & Figures 2019/20: Tables for the Calculation of Damages
Published: September 2019
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Paperback, A4
Special Damages constitute an important part of most personal injury claims and preparing a schedule of damages is a complex process. Facts & Figures: Tables for the Calculation of Damages makes the entire calculation process quicker, easier and more accurate.
Facts & Figures: Tables for the Calculation of Damages 2019/20 is designed to guide barristers, insurers, solicitors and all levels of the judiciary through the issues that such a calculation can involve. It is compiled with input from many sources, including lawyers, accountants and actuaries, as well as experts in nursing, housing and motoring. Although the most complex cases may still require their own expert evidence, in the overwhelming majority of cases Facts & Figures will help you to calculate:
- Multipliers for future losses for life, to retirement age, from retirement age, for limited periods, or at specified or unspecified dates in the future. For pension calculations, a wide range of retirement ages is given.
- Net incomes from gross
- Claims for gratuitous care
- Housing costs
- Interest rates, and
- Motoring costs
- Court of Protection costs
This fully revised volume also contains helpful guidance on:
- Splitting multipliers for future losses
- Periodical payments
- Roberts v Johnstone calculations
- Auty calculations
- How to read a payslip
- and much more.
The Introduction gives guidance on the potential effects of the Civil Liability Act 2018, still an unknown quantity.
All of the tables and information in Facts & Figures are updated annually, so you can be sure your calculations rely on the most up-to-date figures available.
- Enables effortless calculation of special damages and claims for loss of earnings in personal injury cases
- Provides access to the latest, up-to-date material
- Ensures accuracy in the calculation of special damages and claims for loss of earnings
- Provides up-to-date financial and statistical information
- Helps with the production of schedules and counter-schedules
- Includes: Life, multiplier and discount tables, Earnings tables, Various interest tables, Price tables,
- Investment tables, Tax and insurance tables, Benefits, allowances and charges, Criminal Injuries
- Compensation Authority Multipliers Table, Decimal Years Table
- Provides clearer, easier to use Carer Rates tables, Nanny cost-to-client rates to be re-calculated in accordance with formula used for carer rates and a simplification of Tables C-1 Earnings Losses