The Law of Yachts and Yachting 2nd ed
Published: April 2018
Publisher: Informa Law from Routledge
Country of Publication: UK
Now it its second edition, The Law of Yachts and Yachting is a comprehensive treatise on the law relating to yachts and provides its readers with a thorough analysis of maritime law as relevant to the superyacht sector. Written by a team of leading yachting practitioners and researchers, it covers the legal issues arising during the life of a yacht. The book is written for the legal practitioner, yacht-broker and manager concerned with the operation of professionally crewed yachts including financing, registration, chartering, insurance, compliance and casualty management.
Key Features -
- The only practitioners’ book on the area
- It covers all major aspects of yachting law in a single book
- The Law of Yachts and Yachting is highly comprehensive - despite its main focus on contract and tort law, it contains references to public law and international law and practice
- References to case law, English, foreign and international
- Appendices containing essential source materials
The second edition will cover important changes in the superyacht industry such as: the new MYBA Charter Form 2015, the Large Yacht Code (LY3), the Passenger Yacht Code and the coming into force of the Maritime Labour Convention 2006, to name just a few.