1. Historical Development of Laws and Crime Causation.
2. Historical Development of the Justice System.
3. The Arrest.
4. The Initial Appearance.
5. Pretrial Proceedings.
6. Place and Time of the Trial.
7. The Trial.
8. Confrontation and Assistance of Counsel.
9. Pretrial Motions, Hearings, and Plea Negotiations.
10. The Trial: Roles of Major Participants.
11. The Jury.
12. Trial Procedure.
13. The Jury: Instructions and Deliberation.
14. The Verdict, Appeals, and Appellate Citations.
15. The Sentence and Correctional Procedures.
16. Sentencing Philosophy and Clemency.
17. Extradition, Writs, and Juvenile Justice.
18. Victims Rights. Appendix A: Outline of Trial Procedure. Appendix B: Psychological Report on the Issue of Insanity. Appendix C: Motion for the Production and Inspection of Evidence and Information That May Lead to Evidence.