This multi-author book has been written by a combination of professionals and academics all regarded as experts in their particular fields.
The aim of the book is to provide a comprehensive and practical guide on all aspects of Scots Law in relation to domestic abuse. Designed to be accessible to solicitors, advisers and all those seeking information and guidance in cases of domestic abuse.
As well as covering the law as it relates to domestic abuse and the obtaining of protective orders this title also provides practical information and guidance in relation to other areas of the law that come in to play in domestic abuse cases such as:-
- criminal procedures,
- criminal injuries compensation
- the role of the Childrens Hearing system.
- the impact of domestic abuse from a psychological point of view
- what the media can and cannot report
- the book also provides information in connection with Government response and strategies in domestic abuse cases.