Pupillage Inside Out: How to Succeed as a Pupil Barrister (eBook)
Published: May 2013
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Price: £15.00 + £3.00 VAT
The amount of VAT charged may change depending on your location of use.
The sale of some eBooks are restricted to certain countries. To alert you to such restrictions, please select the country of the billing address of your credit or debit card you wish to use for payment.
Sale allowed in
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Bulgaria, Cayman Islands, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Haiti, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Kingdom, Virgin Islands (British), Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Sorry, due to territorial restrictions applied by the publisher we are unable to supply this eBook to United States.
Every aspiring barrister must undertake pupillage in order to gain tenancy at a barrister set. Not all pupils are successful.
The life of a barrister in England and Wales is cloaked in tradition – from the Inns of Court, to the wigs and gowns, to the clerks and the cab-rank system. There are rules and conventions governing every aspect, and for every set keen to dispel the mystery, there is another yet shrouded in it.
Based on the authors’ own recent experience and the wisdom of their peers, clerks, and supervisors, this is the ultimate guide to pupillage, demystifying the process and providing practical advice to all aspiring barristers navigating this crucial stage in the path to practice.
The book covers such topics as what to wear, relationships with supervisors, pupils, and clerks, how to behave at social events, finances and what to expect at all stages of pupillage.
Pupillage Inside Out is the essential guide for all those contemplating a career at the Bar.
- The only published guide to the pupillage year
- Comprehensive – covers everything from applying to Third Six pupillages
- Based on the authors’ own recent experience and dozens of current and former pupils
- Incorporates the perspectives of pupil supervisors and clerks
- Demystifies the process and provides the practical advice to all aspiring barristers
- Includes Q&A chapter taken from actual questions asked by Bar students
- Covers topics including what to wear, relationships with other pupils, social events and how to behave, finances and what to expect at the end of pupillage