Marine Cargo Insurance 2nd ed
Published: December 2015
Publisher: Informa Law from Routledge
Country of Publication: UK
The new edition of this British Insurance Law Association (BILA)-award winning text is the definitive reference source for marine cargo insurance law.
Written by a member of the Lloyd's Market Association Steering Group, the work expertly examines marine cargo insurance by reference to important English and foreign legal cases as well as the Marine Insurance Act 1906. Logically arranged to reflect the structure of the Institute Cargo Clauses, the most widely used standard form of cover, this text offers easy to find solutions for today’s busy practitioner.
New to this edition:-
- Brand new chapter on the revised Institute Ancillary and Trade Clauses, which came into effect on 1 June 2013
- Increased coverage of jurisdiction and choice of law, particularly taking into account the Rome I Regulation
- Enhanced coverage of the issue of Constructive Total Loss
- Consideration of the Law Reform Commission’s proposals for the reform of insurance law, particularly damages for late payment
Fully updated with all of the influential cases since 2009, including:
- The Cendor MOPU, one of the most important marine insurance cases of the last 50 years.
- Clothing Management v Beazley Solutions
- Notable hull cases such as Versloot Dredging v HDI Gerling on fraudulent devices
- Influential foreign cases taken from this book’s sister text, International Cargo Insurance
This unique text is a one-stop resource for marine insurance lawyers handling cargo claims, and will also be of interest to students and researchers of maritime law.