Discrimination Law Handbook 2nd ed
Published: October 2006
Publisher: Legal Action Group
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Out of print
Written by a team of discrimination and law experts, Discrimination Law Handbook navigates this complex route map. It is the only fully comprehensive, up-to-date guide to anti-discrimination laws. It provides an unrivalled blend of authoritative guidance, detailed explanation of UK and EU law and practical, accessible advice.
This edition covers all forms of prohibited discrimination and includes:
- Human rights and EU law
- Direct and indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Discrimination in recruitment, employment and dismissal
- Discrimination outside employment including education, housing, goods and services, action by public bodies and transport
- Equal pay and occupational pension schemes
- Equality duty of public bodies
- The equality commissions, the CEHR and their powers
- Guidance on procedure
Each chapter begins with an invaluable summary of key points and there is extensive cross-referencing to link the chapters. The main text is supplemented with precedents and useful resources.
Essential reading for lawyers and advisers, trade union representatives, law students, HR and equality officers in public, private and voluntary sector organisations.
Up to date to October 2006.