Adding Value in Corporate Libraries and Information Services
Published: January 2012
Publisher: Ark Group
Country of Publication: UK
Despatched in 3 to 5 days.
Number of Pages: 141
It’s not easy being a modern information professional is it?
Information delivery media is swiftly evolving and you’re facing a tough challenge in balancing reduced budgets with improved services, managing differing client resource expectations and, above all, the pressure to demonstrate the value of your function to key stakeholders.
Need a hand?
Ark Group’s report on Adding Value in Corporate Libraries and Information Services has been specially commissioned to help you tackle these challenges head-on to ensure the continued delivery of the services that are required in a shifting information landscape.
Packed with best-practice tools, guidance and insights from your peers and industry experts this invaluable handbook provides effective solutions that can be implemented immediately to add value and improve services within your organisation. These include how to:
- Improve key functions for maximum performance - search and research, metadata and taxonomy, copyright and digital rights management;
- Effectively demonstrate and communicate value throughout your organisation using key metrics and success factors;
- Deliver visible value and cost savings through effective information centre training;
- Develop the necessary skills, knowledge and ability to operate at senior level within your organisation;
- Align library and information services with overall organisational strategy;
- Move from competition to collaboration with other departments in the organisation;
- Create a holistic information service using best-practice knowledge management tools and techniques;
- Preserve, retrieve and retain digital content efficiently in the 21st Century library;
- Effectively select, manage and maximise the opportunities provided by outsourcing and contract services;
- Apply social media for maximum benefit