International Criminal Law
Published: December 2008
Publisher: Brill Academic Publishers
Country of Publication: The Netherlands
Format: Hardback, 3 Volumes
Price: Out of print
The definitive treatise on International Criminal Law, M. Cherif Bassiouni’s unique 3- volume collection is now in its third edition. Written by more than 50 outstanding authorities from 19 countries, it covers the entire field, from the theory of what makes a crime "international" to the step-by-step conduct of an international prosecution.
Its in-depth coverage includes:-
- analysis of the doctrinal basis of international criminal law
- the historical development of international criminal law and policy
- detailed treatment of 16 crimes that have been given international jurisdiction, including torture, genocide, war crimes, and crimes against humanity
- issues of immunity and jurisdiction
- judicial assistance
- recognition of foreign penal judgments
- extradition and transfer of prisoners
- taking evidence abroad
- seizure of foreign assets
- international criminal tribunals procedure
- international criminal prosecutions in domestic courts
Attention is paid throughout the presentation to the complex cultural and regional issues that often arise in this field of practice.
This new third edition has been thoroughly revised, making it the most current and comprehensive treatment available of this major area of international law theory and practice.