Blackstone's Guide to the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 3rd ed
Published: March 2008
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Country of Publication: UK
Price: Out of print
The Blackstone's Guide Series delivers concise and accessible books covering the latest legislative changes and amendments. Published soon after an Act they offer expert commentary by leading names on the effects, extent and scope of the legislation, plus a full copy of the Act itself. They offer a cost-effective solution to key information needs and are the perfect companion for any practitioner needing to get up to speed with the latest changes.
The third edition of this Blackstone's Guide provides a clear and up to date overview of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA). The text has been scrupulously updated to include all recent developments - notably:-
- the Serious Crime Act 2007;
- the Fraud Act 2006;
- the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 (SOCPA);
- and ongoing amendments to the Criminal Procedure Rules 2005.
The Guide includes the full, updated text of POCA 2002, plus other essential materials. Included are the Criminal Procedure Rules, parts 56 to 62 and 72 and the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 (SI 2007 No 2157).
The Guide provides:-
- Lucid comment on the reception and operation of the Act, especially its growing precedent and procedural application
- Completely up to date in light of the Serious Crime Act 2007, the Fraud Act 2006; the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 (SOCPA); and ongoing amendments to the Criminal Procedure Rules 2005
- Contains practical end of chapter guides to court procedure, to enhance usability and ease of reference
the Criminal Procedure Rules 2005, and the Fraud Act 2006
- Contains a full, updated text of the Act, as well as other essential materials