Carver on Bills of Lading 4th ed
To be Published: April 2017
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Carver on Bills of Lading offers exhaustive coverage of the nature and uses of bills of lading in commercial transactions, negotiations and on occasion disputes.
Written by two of the foremost commentators on this area of law, the work contains a commentary on the Hague-Visby rules and the Rotterdam rules in addition to coverage of the most important recent cases and Supreme Court decisions. The title is part of the British Shipping Laws Library.
The 4th edition:-
- Offers an in-depth analysis of the use and operation of bills of lading by two of the leading legal academics globally.
- Discusses the nature of a bill of lading, both as a receipt and as a contractual document
- Explains the roles of each party to the bill of lading contract
- Covers the contractual effects that follow a transfer of a bill of lading
- Examines bills of lading as documents of title
- Explains how and when third parties can be affected by bills of lading
- Analyses the Hague and Hague-Visby Rules for the international carriage of goods by sea in detail
- Offers commentary on the new Rotterdam Rules, which have received limited ratification but are expected to be widely adopted globally in the coming years.
New features of this edition
Coverage of the key developments in case law that have dramatically changed the picture regarding bills of lading, including:-
- The Erin Schulte
- The Falkonera
- The Superior Pescadores
- The Pacific Champ
- The Cenk Kaptanoglu
- The Kyla
- Finmoon v Baltic Reefers
- The Saga Explorer