The White Book Service 2019: Civil Procedure Volume 1 only (Book & eBook Pack)
Published: March 2019
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Book & eBook Pack
Price: £734.00 + £73.40 VAT
The amount of VAT charged may change depending on your location of use.
The sale of some eBooks are restricted to certain countries. To alert you to such restrictions, please select the country of the billing address of your credit or debit card you wish to use for payment.
Sale allowed in
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Bulgaria, Cayman Islands, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Haiti, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Kingdom, Virgin Islands (British), Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Sorry, due to territorial restrictions applied by the publisher we are unable to supply this eBook to United States.
Within 3 years of call? Download the Special Offer Order Form
The clear voice on civil procedure.
The White Book contains the sources of law relating to the practice and procedures of the High Court and the County Court for the handling of civil litigation, subject to the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR), and is supplemented by substantial and comprehensive expert commentary. The White Book is relied upon by more judges and lawyers than any other legal text and is trusted for its authority and commentary.
This year’s White Book publishes when the United Kingdom is in the process of exiting the European Union, which will amend the CPR and related legislation. All changes after the main work is published will be covered by way of supplements.
2019 Edition – What’s New?
The new edition of the White Book publishes when the United Kingdom is in the process of exiting the European Union. It remains unclear what the exact effect of this will be for the Civil Procedure Rules and related legislation. The nature of any changes will depend on whether there is an exit deal and if so what its terms are. Whatever the exact terms of the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union amendments to the CPR are anticipated and at the time of finalising the main work volumes for press, amendments to the Civil Procedure Rules as a result of the UK exiting the EU (Brexit) had been published in draft form (the Civil Procedure Rules 1998 (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (Draft SI)). The White Book will cover these changes by way of supplements published as soon as possible after changes are announced. The supplements will be available in print, on Proview (both standalone and consolidated) and White Book on Westlaw (consolidated). Where amendments are anticipated at the time of writing, they are indicated in the relevant commentary to the CPR in the main volumes.
The 2019 Edition of the White Book covers the following updates to commentary, new case law, the Civil Procedure Rules, Practice Directions and court guides.
Updates to the Civil Procedure Rules and accompanying Practice Directions introduced by the 101st, 102nd and 103rd CPR Updates.
Other legislation, commentary and forms
- Amendments and additions introduced by the Civil Liability Act 2018
- Amendments and additions introduced by the Courts and Tribunals (Judiciary and Functions of Staff) Act 2018
- Commentary on the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018 (in force on 20 March 2019)
- Practice Note: Business and Property claims in court issued by Chief Master Marsh (new December 2018 version replacing 2014 version) which applies to the Chancery Lists in the Business and Property Courts (Business List (ChD) (and its sublists), Competition List, Intellectual Property List, Property Trusts and Probate List, Revenue List)
- PD51O – Senior Master Practice Note on the Electronic Working Pilot Scheme—Queen’s Bench Division
- New Forms added to Civil Procedure Forms Volume (CD & Westlaw): JCPC Permission to Appeal Form and UKSC Permission to Appeal
- Commentary to Part 11 (Disputing the Court’s Jurisdiction) has been fully revised and updated
- Commentary to other key Parts and sections has been suitably revised in full and updated, including to Part 35 (Experts & Assessors) and the Pre-Action Protocols