Kemp and Kemp: Personal Injury Law, Practice and Procedure Looseleaf
Latest Release: March 23, 2017
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd Subscriptions
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Looseleaf, 1 Volume
(Usual price £499.00)
Subscription Type: Annual Subscription
Domestic Renewal Price: £425.00
Overseas Renewal Price: £456.00
This is a Print On Demand Title.
The publisher will print a copy to fulfill your order. Books can take between 1 to 3 weeks. Looseleaf titles between 1 to 2 weeks.
The new looseleaf offers advice on the best way to proceed and provides practical guidance on the tactics and strategies to adopt. All kinds of cases are covered, from personal injury claims to fatal accidents, industrial accidents, group actions and clinical negligence. So you can take on even unfamiliar and complex cases with confidence.
Kemp & Kemp: Personal Injury Law, Practice and Procedure helps you to follow both the letter and the spirit of the Civil Procedure Rules, with an emphasis on constructive dispute resolution. It deals with the relevant Rules at each stage, giving you room to manoeuvre without risking penalties from the court.
- Explains every aspect of law, practice and procedure relating to a personal injury claim
- Focuses on strategies and tactics to ensure you get the best outcome for your client
- Offers a balanced perspective between claimant and defendant
- Complements the coverage of quantum in Kemp & Kemp: The Quantum of Damages
- Sets out procedure in chronological order, showing what to do at each stage and flagging up isues to consider
- Offers practical guidance on how to deal with the client at difficult stages such as during
negotiation and at court
- Tailored to PI practice under the CPR, covering practical issues including case allocation
- Focuses on the more complex aspects of the claim and difficult issues such as rehabilitation
- Deals with special cases including fatal accidents, industrial diseases, group actions, clinical
negligence and MIB
- Sets out how to take on a client, from initial instructions and risk assessment to investigation
- Goes through different funding options
- Explains how to deal with evidence, covering disclosure, medical records, witness statements,
- Deals with Part 36 offers, mediation, ADR and settlement
- Covers costs, including CFA success fees
- Explains management of awards, including periodical payment orders, PI trusts and structured settlements
- Written by a team of leading experts who bring expertise on every aspect of PI claims
: 2 updating releases per year, included in fixed annual January to December subscription. If main-work is purchased after 1 October the subscription for the following calendar year is included in the purchase price.