European Cross-Border Estate Planning Looseleaf
Latest Release: December 21, 2016
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd Subscriptions
Country of Publication: UK
Subscription Type: Pay-as-you-go
This is a Print On Demand Title.
The publisher will print a copy to fulfill your order. Books can take between 1 to 3 weeks. Looseleaf titles between 1 to 2 weeks.
More and more people have financial interests, such as property ownership or business concerns, which cross European borders. With the complexities of the different tax systems, advisers need reliable information and guidance on the cross-border aspects of estate planning and capital taxes to ensure they give the best possible advice to their clients.
European Cross-Border Estates previously known as Capital Taxes and Estate Planning in Europe provides both the information and the guidance. It answers questions on:-
- What are and what are not recognised as legal entities, e.g. companies, trusts and partnerships
- What forms of ownership are accepted, e.g. joint tenancies
- What are the legal requirements with regard to lifetime gifts, how they can be made and to whom; the work also highlights where restrictions can occur
- What is the law relating to the estates of deceased individuals with sections on wills, intestacy, succession and administration of estates
- What are the concepts of domicile and residence and how these affect capital taxation
- What are the various capital taxes in each country and what is taxable, how valuations are arrived at, who pays the tax and when it has to be paid
: 3 updating releases per year, charged separately on publication.