Australian Principles of Equity and Trusts 5th ed
Published: October 2016
Publisher: The Federation Press
Country of Publication: Australia
Price: Price on Application
This fifth edition of Principles of Equity and Trusts has been comprehensively updated and revised. It also includes a foreword by the Honourable Justice Geoffrey Nettle of the Australian High Court.
The fifth edition retains its original style of presenting principles and remedies relevant to equity and trusts in a straightforward and succinct manner, referencing up-to-date cases and materials. It includes a discussion of new developments in fiduciary obligations, express trusts, unconscionable dealing, constructive trusts, penalties, injunctions, trustee duties and charitable trusts.
New case discussions in this edition include:
- Kakavas v The Crown (the High Court analysis of unconscientious dealing and knowledge of the special disability in the Crown casino);
- Grimaldi v Chameleon Mining Ltd (the Full Federal Court analysis of corporate breach of fiduciary responsibilities and the applicability of constructive trusts and other proprietary remedies;
- Korda v Australian Executive Trustees (SA) Ltd (the High Court examining the requirements for an intention to create an express trust);
- Andrews v Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd (the High Court examining the scope and range of penalties to determine whether credit card fees constitute a penalty);
- Warner-Lambert Co LLX v Apotex Pty Ltd (the Federal Court considering the scope of the balance of convenience test for interlocutory injunctions within the context of patents).
This new edition remains an ideal book for undergraduate study, covering all aspects of equity and trusts jurisprudence in an accessible, comprehensive and up-to-date style.